CompTIA IT Fundamentals
CompTIA IT Fundamentals validates essential IT skills and knowledge needed to perform tasks commonly performed by advanced end-users and entry-level IT professionals alike, including:
- Identifying and explaining computer components
- Setting up a workstation, including conducting software installations
- Establishing network connectivity
- Identifying compatibility issues and identifying and preventing security risks
- Managing the safety and preventative maintenance of computers
CompTIA Security+ is an international, vendor-neutral certification that validates the baseline skills necessary to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
- No other certification that assesses baseline cybersecurity skills has performance-based questions on the exam. Security+ emphasizes hands-on practical skills, ensuring the security professional is better prepared to problem solve a wider variety of issues.
- More choose Security+ for DoD 8570 compliance than any other certification.
- Focuses on the latest trends and techniques in risk management, risk mitigation, threat management and intrusion detection.
- The new Security+ certification covers the Junior IT Auditor/Penetration Tester job role, in addition to the previous job roles for Systems Administrator, Network Administrator, and Security Administrator.
CompTIA A+ is the preferred qualifying credential for technical support and IT operational roles. A+ certified professionals identify issues and problem-solve more effectively than those without certification. In order to receive the CompTIA A+ certification, candidates must pass two exams: 220-901 and 220-902. Successful candidates will have the knowledge required to:
- Assemble components based on customer requirements
- Install, configure and maintain devices, PCs and software for end users
- Understand the basics of networking and security, including forensics
- Apply troubleshooting skills to diagnose, resolve and document common hardware and software issues
- Provide appropriate customer support
- Understand the basics of virtualization, desktop imaging and deployment
CompTIA’s Network+ validates the knowledge and skills to troubleshoot, configure and manage common wired and wireless network. Network+ certifies a basic understanding of emerging technologies including unified communications, mobile, cloud and virtualization technologies.
Network+ ensures an IT professional has the knowledge and skills to:
- Design and implement functional networks.
- Configure, manage, and maintain essential network devices.
- Use devices such as switches and routers to segment network traffic and create resilient networks.
- Identify benefits and drawbacks of existing network configurations.
- Implement network security, standards, and protocols.
- Troubleshoot network problems.
- Support the creation of virtualized networks.