CompTIA IT Fundamentals
CompTIA IT Fundamentals validates essential IT skills and knowledge needed to perform tasks commonly performed by advanced end-users and entry-level IT professionals alike, including:
- Identifying and explaining computer components
- Setting up a workstation, including conducting software installations
- Establishing network connectivity
- Identifying compatibility issues and identifying and preventing security risks
- Managing the safety and preventative maintenance of computers
CompTIA Security+ is an international, vendor-neutral certification that validates the baseline skills necessary to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
- No other certification that assesses baseline cybersecurity skills has performance-based questions on the exam. Security+ emphasizes hands-on practical skills, ensuring the security professional is better prepared to problem solve a wider variety of issues.
- More choose Security+ for DoD 8570 compliance than any other certification.
- Focuses on the latest trends and techniques in risk management, risk mitigation, threat management and intrusion detection.
- The new Security+ certification covers the Junior IT Auditor/Penetration Tester job role, in addition to the previous job roles for Systems Administrator, Network Administrator, and Security Administrator.
CompTIA A+ is the preferred qualifying credential for technical support and IT operational roles. A+ certified professionals identify issues and problem-solve more effectively than those without certification. In order to receive the CompTIA A+ certification, candidates must pass two exams: 220-901 and 220-902. Successful candidates will have the knowledge required to:
- Assemble components based on customer requirements
- Install, configure and maintain devices, PCs and software for end users
- Understand the basics of networking and security, including forensics
- Apply troubleshooting skills to diagnose, resolve and document common hardware and software issues
- Provide appropriate customer support
- Understand the basics of virtualization, desktop imaging and deployment
CompTIA’s Network+ validates the knowledge and skills to troubleshoot, configure and manage common wired and wireless network. Network+ certifies a basic understanding of emerging technologies including unified communications, mobile, cloud and virtualization technologies.
Network+ ensures an IT professional has the knowledge and skills to:
- Design and implement functional networks.
- Configure, manage, and maintain essential network devices.
- Use devices such as switches and routers to segment network traffic and create resilient networks.
- Identify benefits and drawbacks of existing network configurations.
- Implement network security, standards, and protocols.
- Troubleshoot network problems.
- Support the creation of virtualized networks.
Urban Technology Academy Inc.
Urban Technology Academy Inc. (UTA) is a career and technical education center (CTE) that will provide technology certifications and Work Based Learning (WBL) programs to youth and adults in Indiana. UTA will prepare high school, postsecondary and adult students for careers in IT.
What do I need to do to enroll into classes at UTA?
Contact Urban Technology Academy
How Long does it take before I earn a certification?
The length of time depends on your readiness to learn the material and pass an exam that demonstrates your knowledge of the material.
How Much Does the Certification Cost Cover?
The cost covers Training and the Certification Exam
How Long Does a Certification Last?
Most CompTIA certifications are good for 3 years from the date you pass your certification exam. Through our Continuing Education program, you can easily renew your certification and extend it for additional 3-year periods.
How Much Can You Make with CompTIA A+?
IT offers countless paths to fulfilling jobs and rewarding pay – you determine the direction and, ultimately, how much money you can earn with CompTIA A+. IT/Desktop Support Specialist Entry $47,000 – $57,000
What is the process for getting a job while I work on a certification?
UTA will provide you with an instructor for the certification and a counselor to help you earn a work-based learning opportunity (wbl). WBL opportunities include: apprenticeship, internship, job shadow and mentorship.